I’ve been working as a photographer for 12 years full-time as of 2017. I grew up in the midwest (Hello, Cleveland!) and pursued a successful career in entertainment before going out on my own as an entrepreneur.
After living in New York for 10 years, I took to the road for awhile. For over 2 and a half years, I traveled extensively, without a proper mailing address. Some places I photographed during that time were Paris, London, Portugal, Italy, Vermont, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, and Cleveland.
Now, I’ve set up shop in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is one of the most photogenic places, in my opinion. I studied architecture briefly at university and am always keen to incorporate interesting environments into my portraits — whether a stunning building or a sprawling landscape. I am available for bookings here and worldwide.
I want your session to look like it would fit into a magazine spread — something you’ll be proud of, and your kids will be proud of in 20 years.
Some potentially interesting things about me:
• I earned my B.A. in Film & Video Studies from the University of Michigan.
• I was once the Production Coordinator for The People’s Choice Awards, in addition to other entertainment credits.
• I published a book called How to Take the Best Selfies in 2013.
• I have been featured as a writer and a photographer in many publications.
• I won second prize in Prix de la Photographie Paris for a series called, “Happiest Day in a Girl’s Life.”
• Rangefinder magazine cited my unique style of photographing children in a 5-page spread in their portrait issue.
• I hope to keep adding to this list and making a splash in the world of creativity.
Photo credit: Gary Ashley